Edson recently identified the root cause of a nagging WMOS issue that had been plaguing us for a while. No one else on the team believed Edson's root cause analysis to be correct. Two weeks later, the team reported back to me that after thorough analysis, they stood corrected. Edson's assessment was the correct one. He's a sharp individual and really understands Manhattan's WMOS.
- UNFI, Vice President IT
We have a lot of WMOS issues after our initial go-live, but I'm confident that if anyone can address these issues and shore up the implementation's stability, it is Edson.
- UNFI, Vice President Operations
8 Years of Manhattan WMOS Experience.
A strong WMS Senior Consultant that works as a Functional Business Analyst Role able to work proficiently at the User Interface level as well as with the behind the scenes technology such as working directly with the database and system logs to determine root cause analysis or system issues.
Excellent Communication Skills with the ability to work with all levels of the project team and speak to his audience accordingly (from Developers to Upper management).
A highly motivated, results-focused professional with exceptional abilityfor quickly learning and mastering technology. Thrives in deadline-driven environments and ability to easily transcend cultural differences with excellent team-work skills. Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring quick resolution to challenging situations. Strong communicator; ability to interact effectively and positively with individuals of all technical abilities.
Multi-lingual: speaks fluent English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Incite, LLC - Dallas, TX - Senior Consultant - 2010 – Present
Incite is a boutique consulting firm that specializes in the Selection, Implementation, Optimization, and Support of Supply Chain Execution Systems.
6/2011 - 10/2011
Project: Kohl's Corporation ($18B Discount Retailer)
WMOS Throughput Optimization Project
Every year Kohls plans and allocate a set amount of resources and apply these resources to an optimization project for all their EFCs (electronic fulfillment centers). This project have the single purpose of ensuring that all the EFCs are capable of handling all the sales volume, trough and trough, during that “end of year Holiday sales”.
Creating Logical network design ( Visio diagrams, flow charts and etc)
- Gather intelligence for analysis and to develop plan of action, through research by database interrogation (SQL) , meetings, networking and etc
- Writing technical spec documentation
- Modification of Mainframe ESP scheduled jobs
- Coordinate deployments and installs
- Research current DB stored procedures, uncover any room for improvement (fine tuning) and make recommendations.
11/2010 - 5/2011
Project: UNFI (United Natural Foods, $5B Organic and Natural Foods Distributor)
Supported the Manhattan Associates WMOS v2009 implementation in their 27 warehouses.
- Performed configuration changes and testing to new functionality being implemented
- Worked closely with users to support the day to day warehouse operations during WMS implementation stabilization
- Performed issue triage and root cause analysis
- Performed testing on Manhttan SDNs to assure quality prior to production implementation
Strategic Distribution LP - Dallas, TX - Manhttan WMOS Analyst - 2004 – 2010
Fast growing supply chain of medical apparels with a complex network of suppliers, manufactures and customers all around the globe. Headquarters in California and distribution center in Dallas.
Accountable for the management and administration of Dallas distribution center’s WMS (Manhattan Associates - WMOS) supporting production in maintaining KPIs as well as 250+ users in a large network of PCs, web servers, application servers, Oracle relational db, UNIX, wireless devices, Intertel VOIP network, Siemens MHE systems and sustainability programs. Area of expertise includes but not limited to: WMS, maintaining db accuracy, optimization of available resources, Help Desk, LAN, MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and etc). Slotting, Fulfillment, Dynamic Locations, Replenishment.
Daily activities consist mainly of:
- Work closely with upper management to create and implement processes in order to maintain KPIs, ensure better management and usage of resources, forecast, labor management, track sales vs productivity and etc.
- Tested and implemented several processes within WMS that optimized performance of multiple modules across the DC as well as analysis-based recommendations to improve labor management that resulted in immediate and long term profit increase.
- Played a key role in the DC’s initial WMS implementation as well as the latest WMOS upgrade in 2008 ensuring that timelines were established, followed, and that every piece of functionality across different modules were thoroughly tested before sign off date.
- Hands on configuration, testing, and maintaining functional specs and data integrity of both test and production environments.
- Researching troubleshooting and bringing solutions to any data integrity related issues
- Working with software provider on any programming code related issue
- Crystal and Business Objects reports, data mining and functional analysis.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of interface processes between different systems such as MHE/EIS/WMS/UPS/FEDEX/USPS/EDI /Retail Link/ HOST Interface and etc
- 2000 - 2004: FedEx (Express) - Memphis, TN
- 1999 - 2000: Ingram Micro (Adecco) - Memphis, TN, Configuration Tech
- 1996 - 1999: Litton IPE- Springfield, MO; Electronic Technician